Thursday, December 31, 2009

What a Difference A Day Makes...

Tomorrow is a day - just like any other day of the year. Yet for many, me included, it is something more. It's a new beginning. It's a time for a fresh start. For some reason, we believe that because it is the beginning of the new year, none of the failures or disappointments of the past year matter. It's January 1st! We're invincible, right? :)

So, in honor of this magical day, I think it is time that I set some resolutions on the table. (Besides, what better way to ensure that I remain humble throughout the entire year than for it to be evident to all who read my blog where I am not nearly as invincible as I will think I am tomorrow. :)

My 2010 Resolutions

Body
  • Oh, let's see...let's do something novel...let's plan to lose weight. I am not going to tell you how much weight I would like to lose, but I will tell you it is my goal to get back into my size 10 jeans.
  • I also resolve to do something nice for my body at least 6 times this year. This could be a manicure, pedicure, massage, haircut, or anything that makes me feel pampered. Hot tub anyone?
Mind
  • I will read at least 12 books this year. Some will be spiritual, but some will also be books purely for fun.
  • I will scrapbook at least 25 pages - not including any pages scrapbooked at retreats.
Spirit
  • This is a biggie. I am going to commit to going on a mission trip this year - and not just any mission trip. Assuming all goes as planned, I will be going to Serbia this summer. I am sure you will be seeing more about this in later posts, but suffice it to say, God is totally laughing at me right now.
  • I also will be more committed to regular quite times and strengthening my relationship with God through the books I choose to read, scripture study and prayer.
So there you go. The plan for the year. That along with getting my house in order, being the best mom and wife that I can be as well as the best ministry assistant in the world. :) It looks to be a pretty extraordinary year. And, I know it's possible because tomorrow is the start of a new year. Right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment