Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One Week and Counting

Today officially marks the one week countdown to my trip to Serbia. The last few weeks have been a total roller coaster of emotions, but most are not even trip related. It just seems there has been distraction after distraction after distraction ad infinitum.

I am really excited about the trip. I haven't started packing yet, but I have started a little pile of stuff that needs to go. Some friends and I are getting together tomorrow to knock out some of the shopping that we need to do. That should be fun. Our team is awesome. It has been fun getting to know them as we have prepared, and I can't wait to work with them at the camp.

I got to meet our Serbian contact via skype last week so I have another little picture of what to expect. I know that I really can't anticipate all that the trip will be until I am actually there, but having a few little glimpses has helped me to feel a lot more confident.

Our team dinner is on Sunday and our luggage weigh-in day is Tuesday. I have a feeling the next seven days are going to fly, but I am looking forward to stepping on that plane Wednesday and opening my heart to the Serbian culture on Thursday. It's going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment