Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Time

I am struggling tonight. There are just not enough hours in my day. I have faced this struggle more times than I can count, but this time it is different. I am not longing for more time because I am behind. Are there things that I need to accomplish? Sure. But there are so many things that I want to DO. I want to blog more. I want to exercise more. I want to spend more time with friends. Ok. Let's be honest. I want TO blog. I want TO exercise. I want TO spend time with friends. I want to LIVE my life.

God has been doing some AMAZING things in me. I can't wait to share them. But, I have so much that I want to share, and I cannot do it in only a few minutes. So for now, I will leave you with this little teaser. It is an excerpt from an e-mail I received from a friend - an e-mail that speaks volumes of what God is doing in my life.

Well, I hit my goal weight this morning ... about 2.5 years into the Lose It For Life Journey, and a little more than a year later than my plan. It almost cracks me up thinking I had all this laid out. But God had a different plan for me, and oh how thankful I am. There has been so much healing in my life, but it's been from the inside out, not the outside in. Can anyone imagine losing 94 pounds without "dieting" ... no counting points, no strict food regimen, etc. Just lots of inner reflection and healing with God right by my side. I finally learned how much God loves me and I began to love myself and took the necessary time and steps to make lifestyle changes that brought me improved health and weight loss. When I say health, I always mean emotional, physical and spiritual. Sure, it has taken a lot of work, time, struggles and challenges. But it's been more about the journey, not the goal.

Have I arrived at my destination? No, but I am learning that the scenery along the way is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment