Thursday, June 16, 2011

Blessed

Today has been quiet. As normal as that may or may not sound, it is unusual for me. I took a little time at work to reorganize and catch up on some of the back burner tasks that tend to taunt me on my busy days.

I am a huge fan of organization and all the cool file folders, notebooks, boxes and general stuff that goes along with it. So today, armed with pretty new folders I conquered my overflowing inbox. And, it brought peace. I like that.

Driving home today, I was overwhelmed with a sense of blessing. Not because of the file folders or the clean desk, but because of the people that come around that desk on any given day.

Take my friend, Becky. She is the Women's Ministry Director at PCC. When I look at her, I see a glimpse of a woman I have read about in Proverbs 31.

And then, there is my friend, Melanie. She and her husband are adopting two adorable little boys from Haiti. When I look at her I see the heart of a mom who is sacrificing her comfort zone to make a difference in the world.

Take Chris. Chris has come through some very difficult situations - situations that could have destroyed her, but she has turned those hurtful places over to God and is now helping others to grow. When I look at her I see a prayer warrior.

Next is Natalie. She is our Director of Care Ministries. I can't even imagine dealing with the situtions she deals with on a daily basis and yet she always has a smile. I see in her a balance of wisdom and mercy that this mercy challenged girl could learn from.

I could go on and on. God has given each person on our ministry staff unique gifts and talents. These gifts not only work to shape PCC, they are glimpses into the heart and character of God.

I am blessed to work this amazing group of people - guys and girls - and I am thankful for days like today when I can be quiet enough to savor the gift I have been given in them.

Yes. I am blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment