Friday, June 24, 2011

In the Midst

In the midst of the difficult days...God is there.
In the midst of the anxiety...God is there.
In the midst of relationships...God is there.

It is so easy for me to get lost in the moment and be distracted by the circumstances - to lose sight of God in the big picture and to forget that God is always "in the midst..." It's like having spiritual ADD.

This week was one of those weeks. I found myself exhausted on more than one occasion because I lost sight of God in the equation. And yet, God was with me in the midst of every situation I encountered. He promises that. Verse after verse of the Bible tells us that He will not leave us. He will provide for us. He will be our strength. Those are amazing promises.

On more than one occasion this week, I also found myself longing for the shelter of God, and He was always there waiting. I saw Him in the blog of a friend, in a difficult conversation, in an encouraging smile, and, I met with Him in a much needed time of prayer.

I am so thankful that even in the midst of my spiritual ADD, God is always in the midst of my circumstances and waiting for me to let Him lead - and as I allow Him to lead, I find peace in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment