Friday, June 24, 2011


A friend introduced me to 5 Minute Fridays through her wonderful 5 Minute Posts, and I have been intrigued by the concept. Today is my first attempt, and although I am not sure I will get all the linkage right, you'll get the idea. :)

The Gypsy Mama gives you a topic for the day and you write for 5 minutes on that topic. No editing, no tweaking. That's going to be hard for a perfectionist like me, but here goes. :)

Wonder (Go!)

Wonder is something I don't think I have enough of. It is something I long for though. We always hear about the wonder of a child, and it so cool when we truly see that look of wonder in their eyes.

I think God calls us to wonder. He wants to consider what Heaven will be like and what it would be like to have just a little bit of Heaven on Earth. He is the God of wonder, and I think a lot of times we miss it because we try to put Him a box that we can understand. He is so much bigger than that.

I sometimes wonder if I will ever be the person that I am supposed to be. If I will ever be able to shed the mask and be who I am and not be worried that it is not enough. I wonder if I will ever be confident.

I wonder if I am being a good parent, and spouse, and assistant.

I wonder if I am too caught up in things that don't matter.

I wonder about a lot of things, but it typically isn't the wonder of anticipation. It is the wonder of "if". I could do with a little more wonder...

(Stop)

Ok. I really wanted to finish that last sentence, but I guess you will just have to "wonder" what I was going to say because if nothing else, I am a pretty good rule follower. :)

5 comments:

  1. Found you via 5 min friday! Wanted to share these verses with you, it's one I've been clinging to a lot lately and helps me to remember that God is in control even when I feel I'm not. That I don't have to do anything more than be me and allow him to have his way in my life....love your thoughts!

    Psalm 139:13-18
    You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
    Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me,b O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me!

    Philippians 1:4-6

    In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. well I guess if you want to be more confident you need to know what that looks like. I think God wants you to be more confident in your relationship with Him and through that He will make you realize how strong you are.
    Tee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for FMF!! I enjoyed your take on wonder and I can SO relate to the feelings you express. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a terrible rule follower and a perfectionist! And, I wonder a lot of those wonders, too. I actually love where you ended, though. I think we could all use a little wonder. I think God's spirit teaches us to wonder, and believe and have childlike faith and create. Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm inspired! I will have to try that next week!

    ReplyDelete