Friday, July 1, 2011

5 Minute Friday - Welcome



Woo hoo! It's Five Minute Friday again. :) This is only my second, but they are fun for me because even I don't know what I am going to say! Today's topic - welcome.

Go!

Welcome to my world. It is a bit crazy right now, but then again it is always a bit crazy. With 3 boys there is never a dull moment. My oldest is going to be 18 - which is also crazy by the way. My middle is in the midst of the hormone bursts that make him really sweet one minute and on the demon list the next. My youngest is just now growing into his personality. He always makes us laugh.

I would like to welcome you to my home, but it is a little messy. We have a rule that the house services us, we do not service the house, but sometimes the boys take that rule to the extreme. I am sure one day I will be able to get it "realtor clean" again, but it won't be any time soon.

I also welcome this holiday weekend. For me it will be 4 days, and I am so glad. I worked a few extra hours this week, and I am really looking forward to taking time to just be quiet for a little while. Those are the welcome moments that don't come along too often.

Stop.

P.S. If you are new to "A Penny for My Thoughts" I want to welcome you as well. Feel free to stay awhile. :)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to 5 Minute Fridays. It is a nice little gift I look forward to each week, and I am glad you have joined us :)
    I love your saying that your house services you and not the other way around. With three kids 4 and under, I feel like all I do is service the house, and I feel like it's futile! Thanks for the reminder and WELCOME

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from 5 Minute Friday--Welcome! I am glad you have linked up. I have just entered the next season of life after teenagers. My youngest is away at college--taking a couple summer school classes. I am looking forward to his arrival home for the weekend!

    Have a happy and blessed holiday weekend--plus some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I come by to visit you via one of our blogging buddies at http://heartofthehome-blog.blogspot.com/. I enjoyed browsing your blog and reading your great post.. We would like to invite you to stop by and visit us when you have a moment. Have a blessed day, and hope to see you soon.. God Bless you and yours..

    ReplyDelete