Saturday, August 27, 2011

Eighteen


Eighteen year ago, I met a truly amazing individual for the first time…and they let me take him home with me. I didn't know it at the time, but this person would cause me more joy and more heartache than I ever thought possible. With every success and every trip to the emergency room, I was reminded of how much my love and admiration of this individual filled my heart.

While he is no longer that sweet little baby boy that I met in that hospital room eighteen years ago, he is becoming a man a man I am proud to call my son. His “go big or go home” attitude has given him the confidence to try new things and to approach them with a confidence that I can only dream of having. His commitment to his beliefs and his huge heart have helped him to craft who he is becoming, and I can’t wait to see all the good things that God has in store for him.

Happy Birthday, Michael!     Love, Mom

1 comment: