Thursday, August 18, 2011

Talk to my Smurf

I have a new friend. His name is Panicky Smurf. My friend, Lisa, introduced me to him, and I will be forever grateful.

Now when I am feeling stressed and overwhelmed, I can just look at my new friend and smile. He's like my own little assistant who worries about all the little details so that I can focus on the big things.

Of course, there are spiritual parallels we can draw from the above, but I refuse to compare God to a Smurf. God is way bigger than that, and most likely not as blue. And God will be there for me even when Panicky Smurf is ultimately tucked away in a drawer somewhere.

For now though, Panicky and I are buddies. Change? No problem, I have a friend who can panic for me. Website issues? Panicky is on the job. E-mail issues? No problem.

Who knew a little plastic toy could be so helpful? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment